Get $25 free
loading...

Former BN leader thinks Warisan has right traits to rule Sabah

VK Liew, who was deposed as Liberal Democratic Party president, says he has quit the BN party and is ready to contest in GE14 to serve the people.

VK-Liew

Facebook pic

KOTA KINABALU: Former Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) president VK Liew says he has left the Barisan Nasional (BN) outfit for good and now believes Parti Warisan Sabah (Warisan) has the right foundation to take over the Sabah government.

He said he was considering all avenues to continue his political journey but declined to confirm if he would join Warisan which was formed in October 2016.

“I’m leaving my options open but I find Warisan is one of the parties that subscribes to (Sabah’s) rights and I think they have the foundation,” he said.

The former deputy minister in the prime minister’s department was ousted as party president following an internal tussle, resulting in Teo Chee Kang taking over the post in October 2013.

Liew had earlier failed to defend the Sandakan parliamentary seat in the general election of May 2013.

He said he believed that a membership suspension on him by LDP had been lifted, but there was nothing in writing sent to him by the party.

“But I have decided to step out because I don’t want to remain in the same place,” he told reporters during Warisan’s Chinese New Year open house, where he was among the VIPs, here today.

He said he was “ever ready” if nominated to be a candidate in the 14th general election (GE14), pointing out that he was still keen on serving the people.

“I have been president of a political party, deputy minister in the PM’s department and Sandakan MP. I have all the necessary experience and merits. I am ever ready.

“I have been serving the people. I know there are many issues related to law, and legal-minded people are needed to resolve them, especially on people’s land rights, housing titles and applications for certain businesses,” he said.

“There are some YBs (elected representatives) – I don’t need to mention who – who cannot solve these matters because they don’t know what to do with them.

“So I think I want to continue serving the people in that capacity. That is very important,” he said.

Asked if he was thinking of running again in Sandakan, he said: “It can be anywhere, wherever my political destiny takes me.”

Meanwhile, Warisan president Shafie Apdal said Liew had not requested to be a candidate for the party.

“He will have a role to play… He doesn’t have to be a candidate. But he realises that we must change the government,” Shafie said.

“A former LDP leader can also play a role (and) he’s not demanding a seat.

“But of course if we ask him ‘Can you contest?’ surely he will not reject,” Shafie said.

MP looks to restore Sandakan’s lost shine


The views expressed in the contents are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of FMT.



lagi info di : Gosip Artis Terkini
Previous
Next Post »
loading...